Professional Mold Remediation in Cincinnati OH – The Better Option
Cincinnati has severe winters and wet springs which are commonly accompanied by low temperatures, rainfall, and snowstorms. During this time, mold problems are heightened and cause concern for residents because mold favors moist conditions. Cincinatti’s sever rainfall can cause flooded basements or ground level homes, creating ideal conditions for mold growth.
What causes mold?
There are many ways that mold is caused, but the ones you need to be aware of are:
- Humidity – even with indoor heating systems, some parts of the home may still experience increased levels of humidity.
- Differing indoor and outdoor temps – when windows are closed because of the temperature, condensation gathers on indoor surfaces.
- Moist leaves – as leaves fall during autumn they become damp and can create a great breeding ground for mold spores.
- Snow and rainfall – check your house for leaks as these will create lovely breeding grounds for mold.
Begin preparing your home now so as not to increase the likelihood of mold in your home! You can do this by:
- Keep your home warm, but to reduce humidity, decrease shower length and temperature, as well as dish and clothing washers.
- Rake any leaves near your home and get rid of them as needed.
- Get your home checked for any current mold or leaks, and adjust accordingly.
What is the Danger?
Many molds are dangerous to your health by breathing in those toxic spores. There are many symptoms of mold exposure that you need to be cautious of. Additionally, mold spreads quickly and eats its way through whichever material it lives in. Besides being toxic, mold is just unhealthy and unclean.
What about the rest of the year?
It is very important to be extra cautious of mold growth during winter. But don’t underestimate mold growth in summer or in any other season for that matter. You don’t need to experience a flooded basement in Cincinnati to have mold occur in your home. Mold can grow in frequented places with high moisture content such as bathrooms and kitchens, so check these humid areas frequently. Start with good home maintenance and follow through with regular inspections.
What do I do when I find mold in my home?
As soon as you discover mold growth in your home, it is best to find the source of moisture or water at once and take care of the issue. Even signs of moisture buildup such as peeling paint and condensation forming on windows should alert you to be on the lookout for mold. Don’t wait for excessive mold growth to appear. You should call a local mold remediation company immediately, especially if the problem area is large.
Calling a local mold expert is undoubtedly the best way to handle molds. This is because mold remediation is a tricky job. Even if you clean a surface of mold, mold spores can still be present in the air and propagating continuously. Even the absence of a musty smell doesn’t mean that mold is no longer in the area. Unfortunately, there are molds that don’t have strong odor but are likewise harmful.
If you suspect mold growth or if you have experienced a flooded basement in Cincinnati recently, get in touch with a reliable mold remediation company. They will conduct mold testing first to determine if mold does exist before presenting a plan for thorough mold removal. The effects of mold on your health should be taken seriously, so hire a team with a proven track record and one with a credible reputation.